Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kreativ Blogger award

There can be no more recognition and encouragement than a comment on your work. But an award...??? Well that has thrown me off balance. I am reeling in delight.
Pavithra of Dishes from my kitchen , Ann of Happy and Healthy cooking and EC of simpleindianfood have kindly passed me this award.



Thank you Pavithra. Thank you Ann. Thank you EC. Love you ladies.
I would cherish this friendship forever.
The Kreativ Blogger award comes with some rules:-
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated

So here I am telling you about myself, how interesting I will not know..
1. I love ( in the same order) reading, doing crosswords, eating and so cooking. I love all the special festival foods like, pongal, thirvaadhirai kali, kootu, kaaradai etc.
2. I am married to a Mangalorean, who gave up eating even eggs just for my sake. ( earlier also it was just eggs and occasionally Chicken.)
3. Just to amuse my daughter who was then about eight years of age, I used to cook for a whole week steamed treats, dosas etc. We used to coin names like Dosai week, aavi (as for steam)week , lentils week and so on.
4. My rasams are my star recipes. I have had freinds packing them home after my lunch parties. But between my sister, daughter and myself, we can have just kootu made of any vegetable, a full bowl and some yoghurt and our lunch is done.
5.I have once cooked for a particular Navrathri lunch, 33 items on the menu and will want to try repeating that feat again but with one dish atleast from different Indian Cuisines.
6. I am influenced by the rest of the family while selecting my wardrobe. They talk me into buying anything that they feel will suit me.
7.I am a gadget freak that my own kitchen in Coimbatore is fitted with more plugpoints than any other room in the house. I have on count about three mixies, citrus juicer, hand mixer, fruit juicer.......The mixies have more extra jars than the original package!!!! And the slicers,knives etc. etc.

Now is the next task. I love most other peoples blogs and am fascinated by them for lot many reasons. I would gladly nominate all of the fellow bloggers for this. However, I still have special mention for some, so would love to pass this on to,

Mahima of Indian Vegetarian Kitchen
Usha of Veg Inspirations
Jayasree of Experiments in Kailas Kitchen
Laavanya of Cookery Corner
Shoba of Anubhvati-Tastes from my kitchen
Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes
and
Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen

To all my fellow bloggers, thank you all for being supportive and encouraging. All of you are special. Keep creating magic on and on...

15 comments:

  1. Iam also from Coimbatore(Ramanathapuram)....nice to c ur recipies.Congrats.....keep rocking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niki. Thank you Sailaja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award Lata... was nice knowing more about you and was so surprised with your Navarathri lunch menu list... should appreciate first for that... too great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats lata ur truely deserve it.. wow 33 menu wish to know what all u did. Hey by the way i am born in coimbatore its my grandma place. Came to know more about you thru this.. Keep rocking.. pls invite me when u arrange for the feast dont worry i will help u too..keep rocking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award. Interesting read about you, that Navarathri menu with those huge list of items was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations akka and thank you so much for passing it onto me as well. I'm on the verge of taking a break right now so may not be able to fully complete the rules of this award -- hopefully when I come back... :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear! how sweet of you to pass this to me :) Congrats on your award, you sure deserve it, and please keep tempting us with your unique recipe, Which I love to try it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrts on your award Lata..enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats too!
    I was looking to nominate you and later realised you also got the award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations and thank you so much for passing it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats and thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the award, enjoyed reading and learning more about you. Thanks so much for sharing this award with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the award. Loved reading ur tag. Nice to know more about you. Thanks for sharing it to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.