Friday, May 22, 2009

Godhumai Rawa Adai

I have been making rawa adai with semolina for long. Recently while moving out of Bahrain to Ghana, I stocked up my groceries to pack into the container. I did not find the usual samba rawa. So, I compromised on whatever samba I found on the supermarket shelf. The packet contained uneven grains and was not suitable for upmas. I decided to use in the adais.I just ran them a few minutes in the mixie and used it. However, I have nice samba rawa in the super market here in Ghana.

The following recipe makes 12 adais. I served with onion chutney and coconut chutney.

Ingredients:
Samba godhumai rawa - 2cups
Thuvar dhal - 1/2 cup
Red chillies - 7 to 8 pieces
Green chillies - 2 long pieces
Ginger - 2" piece
Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
Oil



Soak thur dhal in water for about an hour. Mix the rawa and buttermilk and let it stand for some time. Grind the thur dhal, chillies and ginger together coarsely.
Mix the rawa and ground batter and salt. Let it stand for about two hours.




Make adais on hot tawas. Serve hot with any chutney.

I'm reposting this in order to send to Padma's Dosa Corner Event.

3 comments:

  1. What a different recipe - we love adais at home.. will try your recipe sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upma is all I have tried with samaba ravai. Adai is indeed a great idea. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very healthy version of Adai especially for diabetic people

    ReplyDelete

Hello,
Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by.
I appreciate your valuable comments and tips.
I sincerely hope to improve with them.
Hope we shall interact often.
Thanks once again,
Lata Raja.